Jo loves needle-turn applique and has taught her methods to hundreds of students all over the world. She has put together this helpful kit which includes all the essential items she recommends for achieving the best results. Along with Jo’s instruction sheet, which is exclusive to this kit, you will have everything you need to get started with needle-turn applique.
Included in your kit:
- Aurifil 80wt cotton thread in ‘Dove Grey’ number 2600. This ultra fine thread is perfect for needle-turn applique making even the clumsiest of stitches melt away. The neutral Dove Grey shade matches almost every colour better than any other. If you like using this thread you might want to add some darker colours, such as blues, reds and green.
- John James Milliners Straw number 10 needles. Long and fine they are perfect for turning under your seam. A fine needle and a fine thread will give you fine stitches!
- Bird needle threader. The number 10 needles do have a very small eye, and even though the fine thread will make things easier this helpful little bird will thread even the tiniest of eyes with ease.
- Clover applique pins are specially designed to fix small pieces in places without catching your threads. You won’t know how you lived without them until now!
- Scoring wheel and felt. Using the nifty tip below this handy straight edged tracing wheel will score the fold line in your fabric prior to stitching. The felt gives a nice soft surface necessary for the best results.
- Instruction sheet with all Jo’s top tips and tricks for perfect needle-turn applique.